- working with lactating women
- interested in obtaining accurate, evidence-based and current information about lactation management
- preparing to become a board certified lactation consultant (IBCLC)
- preparing to become a PCE certified breastfeeding counselor (CBC)
Course Requirements to receive CE credit:
- Complete written assignment – this will emailed to you prior to the virtual course & will be reviewed during the course
- Attend 2 day live virtual zoom course
This 2 day program follows the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative outline and will cover relevant, research-based topics such as:
- The role of the healthcare professional
- Anatomy and physiology of the breast
- Latch on and suck assessment
- Guidelines for the first week
- Nutritional needs of the nursing dyad
- Management of common problems
- Special needs such as prematurity, late preterm, multiples, cleft lip/palate, neurological problems, relactation
- Lactation aids
- Supporting and empowering women and their infants
Each program day is 8 hours. You must have a computer and internet access to participate in the Live Virtual Prep Course via the Zoom application. Once you register for the course, additional information will emailed to you about the virtual process.
This PCE course is taught by a nurse who is a board certified lactation consultant that is experienced in all areas of maternal child health and perinatal education.
Continuing Education Credit
Our faculty is dedicated to quality continuing education for nurses by meeting or exceeding the competencies and program guidelines for perinatal education determined by AWHONN. “Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13154 for 16 contact hours.” This program is approved by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners for 16 L-CERP’s.
Tuition of $300.00 is required for the prep course. The examination is an additional fee. You will receive a discounted off-site exam rate for completing the virtual prep course.
Please note: Prep course does not include certification exam.
Click here for Certification Examination information and fees.
If you have a group of 10 or more for the CBC prep course and certification exam, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on the group bundle rate.
Refunds and Cancellations
To receive a refund minus a non-refundable $95.00 cancellation fee, PCE must be notified in writing at least three (3) weeks prior to scheduled course date. No exceptions will be made, and credit will not be given toward another program. PCE will accept substitutions for registrants only if the PCE office is notified at least 5 business days prior to the course.
Click on a date in the right column to register online.
OR Click here to download a registration form to register by mail.
Mail completed registration form to:
Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc., PO Box 99, Fogelsville, PA 18051.
Or email completed registration form and payment to PCE@childbirtheducation.org.
Completed registration forms and payment must be submitted together in order to be processed.