- interested in teaching childbirth education
- preparing to become a PCE certified childbirth educator (CCE)
Course Requirements to receive CE credit:
- Complete written assignment
- Observe one full series of childbirth classes before attending the PCE course and complete Observation Form – click here to download
This 2 day program will cover pertinent topics such as:
- Historical background of childbirth education
- Pain management theories
- Coping techniques including various relaxation methods, breathing patterns, and comfort measures
- Prenatal exercises
- Second stage guidelines according to AWHONN
- Role of the labor support person
- Teaching strategies
- Adult learning theory applied to childbirth education
- Curriculum development
Each program day is 8 hours and includes AM coffee. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
PCE instructors are experienced in all areas of maternal child health and perinatal education. Our faculty is committed to providing quality continuing education by meeting or exceeding the competencies and program guidelines for perinatal education as determined by AWHONN.
Continuing Education Credit
This course is approved for 16 contact hours. “Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13154 for 16 contact hours.”
Early tuition of $300.00 must be paid in full three weeks prior to the course date. Tuition received after three weeks prior is considered late, and increases to $325.00.
3 or more people registered for same course:
$290.00 per person (discount only applies when preregistered and prepaid together). لاعب ابراهيموفيتش
Only one discount can be applied.
Refunds and Cancellations
To receive a refund (does not include non-refundable $95.00 registration fee) cancellation must be received in writing at least three (3) weeks prior to scheduled course date. No exceptions will be made, and credit will not be given toward another program. PCE will accept substitutions for registrants only if the PCE office is notified at least 5 days prior to the course. PCE reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient registration or other circumstances beyond our control. A full refund will be given if such a cancellation does occur.
Click on a date in the right column to register online. Click here to download a registration form to register by mail.
Mail completed registration form to:
Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc., PO Box 99, Fogelsville, PA 18051.
Or email completed registration form and payment to PCE@childbirtheducation.org.
Completed registration forms and payment must be submitted together in order to be processed.